Below are some miscellaneous materials that might be useful for teachers of ESL or EFL, or other teachers looking for some help differentiating for their English-Learner students.
Some lesson plan materials I created while in the MA TESOL program at Ohio Dominican University.
Ransom of Red Chief
I believe that I made these for class during my student teaching.
Use of the Atomic Bomb
Materials I made for TSL 560 Methods class at ODU
- 00 Use of Bombs Unit LP
- H1 Bell Work
- H2 Exit Slip
- H2 Reading 00
- H2 Reading 01
- H2 Reading 02
- H3 Discussion WS
- H3 Exit Slip
- H3 Projects and Rubrics
- H4 Discussion Graphic Organizer
- H4 Exit Slip
- H5 Exit Slip
- H6 Exit Slip
- H6 Project Assessment (Student)
- H6 Project Assessment (Teacher)
Bud Not Buddy
Materials teachers can use. Materials teachers can use to make materials.
Ohio TESOL Conference Presentation Materials
*I've presented a few times at the annual Ohio TESOL Conference. Below are some of the materials I used for those presentations. (Because of copyright, I cannot include everything here.)
Misc content in or about ebooks
- Thoughts on eTexts (from TESOL EVO a few years ago). Includes an HTML version of my Japanese Culture eText. The CSS is very different from the rest of this site, but that is partly to show what CSS can do vis-a-vis accessibility and usability.
- My Japanese Culture ePub
MA TESOL Writings
Some papers I wrote for the ODU MA TESOL Program.
- Communication and Collaboration Plan
- Culture and SLA Research Paper
- Diversity Plan
- Mnemonics Research
- Philosophy of Teaching
- Research and Bibliography
Misc writings that don't fit anywhere else.